Sunday, June 02, 2013
Hanoi arrival (D)
- Upon arriving in Hanoi, Asiana Travel Mate’s tour guide will personally meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel. The rest of the day is time at leisure.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Monday, June 03, 2013
Hanoi city tour (B.L)
8:00-8:30: Pick up at your hotel. Transfer to visit following attractions:
- Ho Chi Minh Complex: Completed in 1975, the complex includes Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, House-on-Stilts, and the Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- The Temple of Literature: Originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is the site of Vietnam’s first University dating back to 1070. Inside are the stone steles mounted on the backs of turtles, inscribed with names of Vietnam best scholars. The temple highlights the importance that Vietnamese society place then and now on education. Have lunch at traditional local Vietnamese “Pho” Restaurant.
- Afternoon, Museum of Ethnology: This museum is widely acknowledged as the best in the country and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. As well as the comprehensive array of exhibits inside, there are also traditional tribal houses reconstructed within the ground.
- Continue to visit Tran Quoc pagoda (means “Stabilizing the Nation”), the oldest pagoda constructed in the sixth century in the Westlake. Walking around Westlake before going back to your hotel. On the way stop in Dong Xuan market and walking along colorful Hang Ma (Paper Offerings) street which is also is also known for its tube and gable-roofed houses typical of Hanoi. Drop off at your hotel. Tour ends about 16:00 – 16h30
- Request for Thuy Le Zoo instead of Tran Quoc pagoda is always accepted when you travelling with children.
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
Hanoi – Halong (B,L,D)
- 08h00 – 08h30 Pick-up at hotel and start the 3 hour-and-a-half drive to Halong Bay
- 12h00 – 12h30 Embark on Oriental Sails followed by cruise briefing
- 13h00 – 15h30 Savor a delectable lunch as Oriental Sails cruise further along the limestone islands of Fighting Rooster, Turtle Island…
- 15h30 – 17h30 Visit Amazing Cave and kayak along the hidden parts of the bay
- 17h30 – 19h00 Go swimming, snap photos or just relax as the sun starts to set
- 19h00 Dinner is served. Socialize with other guests or just laze around.
Overnight on board.
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Halong – Hanoi (B,L)
- 06h00 – 07h00 Start your day with swimming, exercise or photo hunt
- 07h00 – 11h00 Have breakfast at sunrise. Cruise to Ba Hang Fishing Village, pass Dog Rock and Incense Burner, and then head back to the Harbor
- Disembark Oriental Sails at around 11h00
- 12h00 – 16h30 Transfer back to Hanoi and trip finishes at the hotel around 16h30
Thursday, June 06, 2013
Hanoi – night train to Lao Cai
- Transfer to Hanoi train station for your overnight train journey from Vietnam’s capital city to the border town of Lao Cai. The train departs at 21:15 pm. (transfer + transfer guide included, no meal)
Friday, June 07, 2013
Lao Cai – Bac Ha – Sapa
- 6:00AM: pick up at Lao Cai & drive 3 hours to Bac Ha for Sunday market. Lunch then shore walk to Flower H’Mong village & H’Mong King Palace. Transfer to Sapa. Overnight in Sapa.
Saturday, June 08, 2013
Sapa – Tavan homestay
- Trek to Muong Hoa valley, Lao Chai village of Black H’Mong, visit Zay people in Tavan village. Dinner and overnight in local family.
Sunday, June 09, 2013
Sapa – train to Hanoi
- Visit red Dao people in Giang Ta Chai and waterfall, Muong Hoa river, Su Pan. Jeep transfer to Sapa for shuttle bus to Lao Cai for overnight train back Hanoi.
Monday, June 10, 2013
Hanoi – Bat Trang – Ovenight train to Danang
- Arrive Hanoi 5:30AM. You have free day until 8h00: Start from our Meeting points 7 Dinh Tien Hoang and head 10 km northeast to Bat Trang Village. The Bat Trang is a 500 year-old village, located on the left bank of the Red River. The village is famous for producing the best pottery in Vietnam and art produced here is shipped all over the world. First we will visit Bat Trang Pagoda – where the locals worship the ancient artists who formed the famous village. Then we walk down the narrow roads to the house/workshop where we will have a chance to see some of the workshop to experience how they make their products from the beginning to the final.
- Then we will explore the village further and have a class on throwing a pot on a potter’s wheel that we will be able to take home as a souvenir. Last we will heat to the market at the front of the village to see all of the different beautiful ceramics that the village produces. Then we return to Hanoi around noon.
- You have free time in Hanoi until 18:00, you take the taxi to train station for the overnight train to Danang, deprat at 19:00. Overnight on train.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Danang – Hoi An
- Arrive Danang then take the taxi or bus to Hoi An.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- You have free day in Hoi An to explore the ancient town. Overnight in Hoi An
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Hoian – Da Nang – night train to Nha Trang
- You take the taxi to Danang for the night train Danang 21:56 – Nha Trang 7:30. You check in Hotel and have free time on the beach. Overnight on train.
Friday, June 14, 2013
- Arrive Nha Trang, you take the taxi to hotel and have a full day at leisure on the beach. Overnight in Nha Trang.
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Nha Trang – train to Sai Gon
- You have free day in Nha Trang then take the night train Nha Trang 22:00 to Sai Gon 5:00Am. Check in hotel and have free day to explore the city. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh city.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Sai Gon – Cu Chi
- 8:00- 8:30: Pick up at your hotel.
- Heading to Cuchi, famous by a system of tunnels deeply underground, with 3floors, a labyrinth of intricate ways, and winding over 200 km long. (~60 km, 1hour)
- Upon arrival:
- § Watching a presentation video
- § Getting to see the tunnels and discover how these tunnels were constructed and how its habitants combat two forces: the invading troops and the tunnels itself.
- § Visiting Hoang Cam’s smoke-less store, secret hide-outs, fighting bunkers, and many dangerous booby traps. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh city.
- § Trying gun shooting with real bullets (fees not included)
- § Tasting boiled tapioca, drinking hot tea.
- § Visiting the rice paper village where you can try to make it by yourself.
- Drop off at your hotel. Tour ends about 14:00.
Monday, June 17, 2013
Sai Gon – Cai Be – Vinh Long – Can Tho (L)
- 7:30 – 8:00: Pick up at your hotel.
- Drive to Caibe – second biggest floating market in lower Mekong delta. (90 km, ~1,45 hours)
- Cruising through Cai Be floating market.
- Stop for a short walk to discover rural life and local workshops: coconut candy, rice paper, snake wine, brick…
- Visitting an ancient house on An Binh Island. A rowing sampan in the small canals.
- Lunch at a bonsai garden.
- Continue boat trip to Vinh Long.
- Drive to Cantho. Check in hotel in Can Tho (3*). Free for personal exploration. Overnight in Can tho.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Cai rang floating market– HCM (B,L)
07 30 AM: Pick up at your hotel after breakfast.
- Boarding our motor boat along the Mighty Mekong River to Cai Rang floating market – largest market of Mekong
- Cruising and visiting the Vietnamese traditional flea market selling rats, snakes, frogs. Visiting Mr Ba Cong’s fruits orchard. Car back to HCM City, en route, stop for lunch at an eco restaurant.
- Drop off at your hotel. Tour ends about 17:00.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Sai Gon – Departure
- You have free day in HCMC, you will be transfer to airport for flight back home. End trip.
PRICE PER PERSON IN US DOLLARS: 992
Signgle Supplement: 299
| || || |
| || || || |
| || || || || || || |
| || || || || || |
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Boat trip in Halong bay with Oriental Sails
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- All accommodation as stated in itinerary
* Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
* The traveling times mentioned within this itinerary are approximations only. These times will vary according to weather, road, traffic or any other prevailing conditions.
For Reservation, please contact us at:
Hanoi Office: 07 Dinh Tien Hoang St., Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: +84 4.3926.3370| Fax: +84 4.3926.3367
Cell: +84 985.367.829